* Interfaith Nutritional Network : Cooking for this soup kitchen remains grounded on a
single principle– that everyone would be treated with dignity and respect.
* Oceanside Interfaith Council : Addressing issues of community concern, learning
from different faith traditions, and responding to needs within Oceanside and Nassau
* Hunger Education Ministry : Learning how to combat hunger as people of faith,
understanding the root causes of poverty, and developing a sense of solidarity with those
who struggle to meet their everyday needs.
* Lutheran World Relief : Affirming God’s love for all people, we work with Lutherans and
partners around the world to end poverty, injustice and human suffering.
* ELCA World Hunger Fund : ELCA World Hunger responds to hunger and poverty in the
United States and around the world by addressing root causes. Through a comprehensive
program of relief, development, education, and advocacy, people are connected to the
resources they need to lift themselves out of poverty.
* Freeport Food Pantry/ Long Island Council of Churches : The Long Island Council of Churches unites diverse Christians to
work together to improve the well being of Long Islanders and to promote interfaith understanding and cooperation.
* Offering of Letters : Speaking up for people living under the burden of hunger and poverty by writing on their behalf to our
* Adopt-A-Family : We provide gifts and clothes to create a positive, memorable holiday experience a family in need who would
otherwise lack the financial resources to provide a holiday for their children.
* Gifts for the Christ Child : Over the Advent and Christmas Season we look for ways that we can give gifts to Christ by caring for
Christ's people. There are a variety of ways to give and become involved.
* A ONE Congregation to Make Poverty History : Seeking to make poverty history, a ONE congregation highlights ways we can
combat poverty internationally and domestically.
* Souper Bowl of Caring : Equipping and mobilizing congregations,
schools and businesses to positively impact their communities by
collecting money or food on or near Super Bowl weekend.
* Mission Trips : A great way to jump into serving your neighbor!
* Adopt-A-Grandparent: A great way to create relationships with our
elders and get to know some amazing people.
* Rejoicing Spirits: Ministry with and for People with Developmental
Different Abilities : Rejoicing Spirits reaches out to enrich the spiritual lives
of individuals with developmental different abilities along with their families,
friends and other supportive community members. Individuals are free to be
themselves while actively participating as contributing members of an
inclusive faith community.